Sunday, August 4, 2013

Shhhhh! I have a secret. *I want to be a Stay-At-Home Mom*

I went to college, got a degree, started working on a career, and never had any concrete plans of having a kid.  Then, life happened.  I got laid off from the job I'd had for nearly 5 years. I couldn't find a job in my chosen career field. It was one of the hottest, driest, most miserable summers I can remember. And I got pregnant...

At the end of my first trimester/beginning of the second I got a job. At Taco Bell. Getting paid more than $5 an hour LESS than what I was making before I got laid off. My mother-in-law was planning on semi-retiring while I would be on maternity leave and offered to babysit anytime I needed. "Hooray!" I thought. I can get back to work as soon as I'm able.

Then I had Serenity. My entire outlook on life changed. Everything I wanted out of life, changed. The second I held the tiny form that was my daughter. Everything. Changed. 

I don't care about degrees, or careers, or all of those things that are supposed to bring happiness and fulfillment to the to the enlightened, modern woman. I want to spend every minute of the rest of my life molding, shaping and cherishing this life that's been put into my care. 

I want to be a stay-at-home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment