Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One Thing a Brand New Mom Shouldn't Do

There are lots of things that brand new moms should & shouldn't do, and there are countless websites, blogs & articles addressing those things. And if any of them reference what I'm about to tell you here, I apologize for the redundancy. And in all fairness, this is highly personal and may or may not apply to any brand new mothers.

Never, ever, while still under the influence of the postpartum hormonal flood, read this book.


Don't get me wrong.  It is a beautiful book, a wonderful book, a book that I had to make sure I got so I could read it to my daughter.

It's because it's a wonderful, beautiful book that you shouldn't read it until after your hormones level out. Because once you get to the point the book where you see this picture 
you'll be bawling louder than your baby when she's hungry & in need of a diaper change.

The first time I tried to read it to Serenity, she was a week or two old. The first page made me tear up, and the further I got the harder it got to read. I was sniffling, tears running down my cheeks, choking down sobs to finish the book.

But she will grow up, and spend her whole life knowing that the words in the little song are true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment