Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Books are Better


I love books. I love to read them, smell them, collect them. Books are the closest thing that I've found in this world to a magic portal or time machine. A well written book can take you to distant lands, long past times, and fantastical realms.

Call me old fashioned, but I love real, physical books. E-books are ok. They have their place. But for me, they will never replace an actual, real book.

Real books have real pages to turn. Real books have wonderful smells; new ink, fresh paper and anticipation in new books & age, history and wonder in old books. Real books don't have screen glare. And if you drop one, you don't have to worry about a broken screen. 

After seeing a quote from King of the Nerds, Nathan Fillion, I feel that I am in pretty good company when I say that hands down, books are better.



No comments:

Post a Comment