Friday, July 18, 2014

Goodwill Goodies


It's official. I'm smitten. I went to the Goodwill Outlet, and I'm hooked. I got 4 bags of stuff for just under $19.00.

Counting the 7 roughly 1 yard pieces of sheer, metallic fabric I nabbed, I got 50 items. 11 of the items had tags, whose totals added up to $46.

2 curtains that I plan to use as fabric for dresses for Serenity.
2 vintage flat sheets with fabulous floral patterns, also to utilize as a fabric source.
1 silk shirt.
1 silk skirt. (It's a size 0, but it's got a gorgeous pattern. I think I see a silk dress in Serenity's future)
1 very 80's silk formal cocktail dress.
1 kimono with beautiful chrysanthemums printed on it.
1 pair of pajama pants that look like they're brand new.
1 vintage kurti. It's missing some bells & bangles, but I know can make something spectacular out of it.
1 pair capris.
3 sweaters.
5 shirts for me.
1 green satin sash.
3 shirts that might fit my mom.
2 skirts.
2 pairs of pants for Serenity.
1 pair of PJs for Serenity.
1 pair PJ for the neighbor's new baby.
5 tops for Serenity to wear next spring.
6 dresses for Serenity to grow into.

And the best piece of all. A vintage wool coat with a fabulous fur collar.

Fabulous!
It's missing whatever it used to have to keep it closed, but I think a couple frog closures will fix it up just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment